Welcome to The Billet Hotel Boat
The Billet offers a unique and luxurious 5 star experience (rated by Visit England) and relaxing short holiday breaks, in the marvellously peaceful English countryside, enjoying the beauty of the river and canal network and its historic past.
The Billet offers All-inclusive, fully catered (with a 5 star rating from Food Hygiene) and fully crewed cruises, in which you can do as much or as little as you choose. Relax and enjoy the countryside as we cruise the canals and rivers and pass slowly by, go for walks, learn how to crew and helm the boat and how to operate the locks; learn the local history and that of our glorious canal heritage.
The Billet is a new build wide-beam canal boat, not a standard narrowboat, with one of the most luxurious designs and fit outs on the canal network. It also boasts its unique features of both forward and aft outside seating areas that can accommodate all guests. Being 12 feet wide and 67 feet long, The Billet offers a quality and comfort that will ensure a memorable and relaxing time.
The UK Government have been very clear in their directive requiring people to self-isolate and stay at home for the next three months at least. In light of this we have decided to defer all cruises with commencement dates up to the end of June either to later this year or to 2021. We are touched that so far all guests have agreed with this decision and have deferred their cruises.
We will continue to review the situation and update this page in the weeks and months to come as more information becomes available.
Please note that we are still taking bookings for later this year and for 2021 so please do check out our Cruise Schedules for that all-needed and well deserved relaxing break or “staycation” after this pandemic and the lockdown has been lifted. Let us then take the strain and pamper you as you return as close to normality as possible with a cruise on the canals and rivers of the English countryside.
The Billet accommodates up to four guests in its luxurious design, which incorporates:
- A double cabin, en-suite shower room with heated mirrors and flush toilet, tea and coffee facilities with fresh milk, luxury eco-friendly toiletries, hairdryer, cabin slippers and dressing gowns.
- A twin bedded cabin, en-suite shower room with heated mirrors and flush toilet, tea and coffee facilities with fresh milk, luxury eco-friendly toiletries, hairdryer, cabin slippers and dressing gowns.
- A large saloon with free standing settee and wing back chairs, modern diesel stove, 32” HD ready digital flat screen Satellite TV and DVD, cinema surround, Guest iPad, Guest Homepod, Bluetooth and USB connector for MP3 or phone connectivity. Wifi throughout the boat.
- A large oak dining table at which to enjoy a leisurely breakfast, lunch and a beautifully balanced informal 4 course evening meal that will leave you replete and comfortably satisfied.
- Outdoor bow (front) deck with cushioned seating, for the peaceful enjoyment of the canal side sights as we cruise gently through the countryside enjoying a silent swan’s eye view of the canals and rivers.
- Outdoor stern (rear) deck with cushioned seating area and dining table for the maximum enjoyment of canal boat cruising, with the skipper’s company as the boat is being helmed and for outdoor dining as you may choose.