Welcome to The Billet Hotel Boat
The Billet offers a unique and luxurious 5 star experience (rated by Visit England) and relaxing short holiday breaks, in the marvellously peaceful English countryside, enjoying the beauty of the river and canal network and its historic past.
The Billet offers All-inclusive, fully catered (with a 5 star rating from Food Hygiene) and fully crewed cruises, in which you can do as much or as little as you choose. Relax and enjoy the countryside as we cruise the canals and rivers and pass slowly by, go for walks, learn how to crew and helm the boat and how to operate the locks; learn the local history and that of our glorious canal heritage.
The Billet is a new build wide-beam canal boat, not a standard narrowboat, with one of the most luxurious designs and fit outs on the canal network. It also boasts its unique features of both forward and aft outside seating areas that can accommodate all guests. Being 12 feet wide and 67 feet long, The Billet offers a quality and comfort that will ensure a memorable and relaxing time.
Coronavirus Update 18th June 2020
We have taken the hard decision to close The Billet for the remainder of 2020. We are concerned that the lifting of the lockdown rules are having undesired consequences in that people seem to think it’s back to normal. We are concerned that a second spike is a genuine possibility under these circumstances. We will not be able to maintain 2 metre social distancing on the boat and some of our guests will not be from the same household. We have 2 further concerns about the virus. Firstly, if anyone on The Billet shows symptoms of coronavirus or the flu on a cruise we will all have to self-isolate on the boat for 2 weeks. Secondly, if a second spike occurs whilst we are out and about then we may face lockdown at a place without access to the services we need to keep the boat habitable (water, pump out, rubbish and fuel). To date we are so grateful that all of our guests have deferred their cruises to 2021 so we will meet all of them next year and some guests for a second time. The safety of ourselves and our guests is the most important consideration for Jackie and I and we do not think that restarting The Billet this year is advisable for ourselves or for our guests.
Please note that we are still taking bookings for 2021 and beyond so please do check out our Cruise Schedules for that all-needed and well deserved relaxing break or “staycation” after this pandemic and the lockdown has been lifted. Let us then take the strain and pamper you as you return as close to normality as possible with a cruise on the canals and rivers of the English countryside.
The Billet accommodates up to four guests in its luxurious design, which incorporates:
- A double cabin, en-suite shower room with heated mirrors and flush toilet, tea and coffee facilities with fresh milk, luxury eco-friendly toiletries, hairdryer, cabin slippers and dressing gowns.
- A twin bedded cabin, en-suite shower room with heated mirrors and flush toilet, tea and coffee facilities with fresh milk, luxury eco-friendly toiletries, hairdryer, cabin slippers and dressing gowns.
- A large saloon with free standing settee and wing back chairs, modern diesel stove, 32” HD ready digital flat screen Satellite TV and DVD, cinema surround, Guest iPad, Guest Homepod, Bluetooth and USB connector for MP3 or phone connectivity. Wifi throughout the boat.
- A large oak dining table at which to enjoy a leisurely breakfast, lunch and a beautifully balanced informal 4 course evening meal that will leave you replete and comfortably satisfied.
- Outdoor bow (front) deck with cushioned seating, for the peaceful enjoyment of the canal side sights as we cruise gently through the countryside enjoying a silent swan’s eye view of the canals and rivers.
- Outdoor stern (rear) deck with cushioned seating area and dining table for the maximum enjoyment of canal boat cruising, with the skipper’s company as the boat is being helmed and for outdoor dining as you may choose.