Welcome to The Billet Hotel Boat
The Billet offers a unique and luxurious 5 star experience (rated by Visit England) and relaxing short holiday breaks, in the marvellously peaceful English countryside, enjoying the beauty of the river and canal network and its historic past.
The Billet offers All-inclusive, fully catered (with a 5 star rating from Food Hygiene) and fully crewed cruises, in which you can do as much or as little as you choose. Relax and enjoy the countryside as we cruise the canals and rivers and pass slowly by, go for walks, learn how to crew and helm the boat and how to operate the locks; learn the local history and that of our glorious canal heritage.
The Billet is a new build wide-beam canal boat, not a standard narrowboat, with one of the most luxurious designs and fit outs on the canal network. It also boasts its unique features of both forward and aft outside seating areas that can accommodate all guests. Being 12 feet wide and 67 feet long, The Billet offers a quality and comfort that will ensure a memorable and relaxing time.
The Billet is delighted to be able to assure our guests that strict guidelines will be in place to help to prevent the spread of Covid 19 using social distancing rules and also procedures for sanitising, cleaning and for the health of all on board. Consequently, The Billet has been awarded the ‘We’re Good To Go’ accreditation by Visit England and the worldwide Safe travels accolade, both of which we are very proud.
The Billet accommodates up to four guests in its luxurious design, which incorporates:
- A double cabin, en-suite shower room with heated mirrors and flush toilet, tea and coffee facilities with fresh milk, luxury eco-friendly toiletries, hairdryer, cabin slippers and dressing gowns.
- A twin bedded cabin, en-suite shower room with heated mirrors and flush toilet, tea and coffee facilities with fresh milk, luxury eco-friendly toiletries, hairdryer, cabin slippers and dressing gowns.
- A large saloon with free standing settee and wing back chairs, modern diesel stove, 32” HD ready digital flat screen Satellite TV and DVD, cinema surround, Guest iPad, Guest Homepod, Bluetooth and USB connector for MP3 or phone connectivity. Wifi throughout the boat.
- A large oak dining table at which to enjoy a leisurely breakfast, lunch and a beautifully balanced informal 4 course evening meal that will leave you replete and comfortably satisfied.
- Outdoor bow (front) deck with cushioned seating, for the peaceful enjoyment of the canal side sights as we cruise gently through the countryside enjoying a silent swan’s eye view of the canals and rivers.
- Outdoor stern (rear) deck with cushioned seating area and dining table for the maximum enjoyment of canal boat cruising, with the skipper’s company as the boat is being helmed and for outdoor dining as you may choose.